Thursday, January 17, 2008

Got a broke down engine


Finally got my iMac back from the repair centre. And guess what: the hard disk was broken and they had to put in a new one. Set me back 200 Euros plus. No sorry no nothing from Mr. Computer Repair Man. "Yeah, that happens sometimes." Just my luck. Happened only two months after the one year warranty from Apple had expired, and I didn´t even get to use it for 4 months as I was living abroad at the time...

So now I´m busy rebuilding and mourning the loss of my address book, bookmarks and - even worse - loads and loads of MP3´s. You guys all make back ups right? Well, I didn´t. Anyway, glad to be back on track now. Bluesman Blind Willie McTell was already singing about these kinds of problems back in the thirties. "Feel like a broke down engine, momma ain´t got no driving wheel." Haven´t read it yet btw, but there´s a very promising book out on Blind Willie by Dylan scholar Michael Gray: Hand Me My Travelin´Shoes - In Search Of Blind Willie McTell.

Blind Willie McTell - Broke Down Engine MP3

1 comment:

tincaveerman@gmail.com said...

going to make a back-up right now!!! On the other hand in search for all you special Mp3 you'll proabably find some new beauties you never seen before, so look at the bright sight of it all.....