Monday, October 6, 2008

Back In Your Life...


















A.k.a. the boy is back in town. Yup, I´ve finally returned from my summer hibernation... Sorry I´m a little late, had a great time thank you very much. Now it´s back to the grindstone of the blogosphere to bring you loads of musical goodies I just know you´ve been craving. Stay tuned, many a great tune in the pipeline.

Let´s start off with the first song from the Mega City Four´s excellent Tranzophobia debut (´89). Short but sweet, as punkpop should be. Start!
Mega City Four - Start MP3

Next up is good old Jojo, with that great title song from his Back In Your Life album (´79). ´What once was a puppy is now a dog, what once was a piglet is now a hog´. The man´s a genius, ain´t no denying.
Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers - Back In Your Life mp3

The best rockband ever to come out of the Emerald Isle was of course Phil Lynott´s Thin Lizzy. Boys Are Back In Town just can´t be beat, no matter how many times you hear it. Find it on the Live And Dangerous album (´78).
Thin Lizzy - Boys Are Back In Town MP3

3 comments:

Uncle Vernon said...

Welcome back!

Ramone666 said...

Thanks uncle Vern... Be sure to check back for some live Tom Waits soon.

Unknown said...

Hey up, how goes it? I've been trying to get my paws on Mega City Fours excellent album Tranzophobia and yours is one of the few blogs that seems to also have very fond memories of it!

If you could upload it I would be well grateful...

I can't believe that Wiz died in 2006, I only just found out, no more MC4! Boo!

Any-hoo keep up the good blog.

Laters