Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brighten My Northern Sky
















In his short life, Nick Drake only recorded three longplayers and change. And although hardly anyone got it at the time, all of them contained pure musical magic. Don´t know about you, but I´m always hard pressed to name my fave Drake album. Sometimes it´s the bleak Pink Moon, sometimes the almost baroque Five Leaves Left, and at the moment I´d definitely go for the lushest one in the canon: Bryter Layter.

"Would you love me through the winter,
Would you love me ´til I´m dead,
Oh, if you would and you could, come blow your horn on high...."

Nick Drake - Northern Sky MP3

2 comments:

Paul said...

I'm with you on Bryter Layter. I always wondered why it was viewed as the third best.

Ramone666 said...

I didn´t know it was viewed that way even. Glad you agree.