Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some Photographs














"I thought I could hear the voice of Tim Hardin singing Black Sheep Boy as I returned with our laundry. Robert had gotten paid for a moving job with an old record player and had put on our favorite album. It was a surprise for me. We hadn´t had a record player since Hall Street."

From Just Kids, Patti Smiths´s moving memoir of her friendship with photographer Robert Mapplethorpe. Buy it if you haven´t done so already.

Tim Hardin - Black Sheep Boy MP3
Patti Smith - I Was Working Real Hard MP3

7 comments:

tincaveerman@gmail.com said...

I loved to read the book Just Kids!

Ramone666 said...

Doesn´t surprise me one bit miss T, I thought it would be right up your alley.

ib said...

Interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Sill. I much prefer "Piss Factory" to the angst of "I Was Working Real Hard". The first makes the latter all but redundant.

What a photographer Robert Mapplethorpe was.

Ramone666 said...

Ib, I´m sure you´ll love this. Prefer Piss Factory too btw, or even Hey Joe on the flip, but wanted something a little less known as a soundtrack.

ib said...

I can understand that. It is interesting, too.

Was this recorded recently ? It sounds very much like a more vulnerable Patti looking back onto a window.

Ramone666 said...

Interesting take. But it´s from a ´75 show, so very early stuff.

ib said...

Well. Shit. Egg on my face!

Kind of funny, though. I pictured her looking back there into the past. Racked with remorse...

wv = swinter