Sunday, September 9, 2012

...And Dads





















"Father come with me today, see the pillars in the sky..." As promised, here's a second parental six pack. Cool stuff if I may say so myself, pop kids. Don't miss that Annette Poindexter soul gem in particular. Now dig in.

Hickory Wind - Father Come With Me
Little Madness - Mother Country
Horace Silver - Song For My Father
Annette Poindexter & Pieces Of Peace - Mama
Linda Martell - Color Him Father
Don Varner - Mojo Mama

And thanks to the much recommended 27 Leggies, here's a bonus take from weirdsville on an old English music hall ditty. Cor blimey indeed, guv.

The Very Things - When Father Papered The Parlour

1 comment:

Scramblerk3@gmail.com said...

The could be a long thread of songs Steely Dan helped themselves to starting with this very nice Horace Silver tune. I like them both.