Monday, February 18, 2013

TCB





















In 1999, Mark Lanegan released a collection of cover songs called I'll Take Care Of You, and I was mighty impressed. In fact, I still am. So in 2013, I finally took care of business and compiled a companion piece in honour of that marvellous album. Yes, it's here at last: For The Sake Of The Song presents The Original I'll Take Care Of You. All the songs that inspired mr. Lanegan, in one nifty zipfile. Tracklist and two tasters below. Take care!

1. The Gun Club - Carry Home
2. Bobby "Blue" Bland - I'll Take Care Of You
3. Tim Hardin - Shiloh Town
4. The Leaving Trains - Creeping Coastline Of Lights
5. Fred Neil - Badi-Da
6. Eddie Floyd - Consider Me
7. O.V. Wright & The Sunset Travellers - On Jesus' Program
8. Clarence Ashley - Little Sadie
9. Buck Owens - Together Again
10. Dave Van Ronk - Shanty Man's Life
11. Tim Rose - Boogie Boogie

Download: FTSOTS presents The Original I'll Take Care Of You (zipfile, 48.6 mb).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ramone, I especially enjoyed the Sunset Travellers 'On Jesus' Program and Clarence Ashley's 'Little Sadie.' Great!

Ramone666 said...

Glad you like & thanks for dropping by.